About:Violent crisis during which the subject, experiencing the amorous situation as a definitive impasse, a trap from which he can never escape, sees himself doomed to total destruction. Roland Barthes. A Lover’s discourse fragments.
Cast & credits:
- Directer & choreographer: Ali Chahrour
- Performers: Hala Omran, Aya Metwalli, Simona Abdallah, Sharif Sehnaoui & Ali Chahrour.
- Dramaturgist: Junaid Sarieddine
- Light designer: Guillaume Tesson
- Sound designer: Khyam Allami or Mathilde Daucy
- Stage manager & Assistant Director: Haera Slim
- Production Manager: Christel Salem, Haera Slim
- Graphic designer and Communications: Be-kult
- Production: Cie Ali Chahrour
- Co-produced by: Zoukak Studio , Studio Emad Eddin Stiftelsen with the support of the Ford Foundation, Fonds de dotation du Quartz (Brest).
- Night was developed, in part, at the 2018 Sundance Institute Theatre Lab in Morocco with continued support through it post-Lab Support Initiative.
- Co-commissioned by: Fisher center, Bard.
- Number In Company: 7 p
- Set: Transported from Beirut
- Setup: 1 Set up and Rehearsal day
- Stage dimensions and capacities:
- Width: Mini 10- ideal 14
- Depth: Mini 10- ideal 14
- Minimum height under pipe: 6 m
The latest performance by the Festival D’Avignon Regular and rising Lebanese choreographer.