Country: Egypt Genre: Contemporary dance Duration: 55 mins Language: Arabic with translation
About:Without Damage is a contemporary dance performance that is at once heavily charged and about nothing. It is based on soloist Mohamed Fouad's choreographic research and is a reflection on the navigation of internal and external forces. The piece is also about the commodification of the time that performers spends offering their skills, identity, emotions and body to the audience.
Cast & credits:
- Concept/Choreography: Mohamed Fouad
- Music: Ahmed Saleh
- Light design/Technical director: Saber El Sayed
- Visuals: Hakim Abdelnaeem
- Photo Credits: Mostafa Abdel Atty
- Production: Orient productions and D-CAF Festival with the support of the Tamasi performing arts collective.
Het Huis Utrecht, Holland.
Les Rencontres à l’échelle, Marseille, France.
- 22-23 March 2018: Downtown Contemporary Arts Festival, Cairo
- 1 April 2018: Institut français d’Egypte à Alexandrie, Alexandria
- 16-24 July 2018: La Manufacture @ Avignon Le OFF, Avignon, France
- Number In Company: 4 on the road
- Additional personnel needed from host:1 light technician,1 sound technician,1 stage hand
- Setup: 1 setup day